Trauner holds a term contract with the New York State Department of Transportation to provide Statewide Construction Support Services and Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling Services.
Trauner’s work includes:
- Developing policies, procedures, standards, specifications, and guidance to implement best scheduling practices and Oracle/Primavera’s P6 software for use in managing major construction contracts;
- Providing guidance and assistance to design staff in the development of preliminary construction CPM schedules;
- Reviewing and analyzing Contractor’s CPM progress schedule submissions for conformance with contract documents on various highway and bridge rehabilitation or reconstruction projects statewide to ensure maintenance of scheduling standards and procedures;
- Participating in monthly schedule meetings held at project field offices (physical attendance or through conference calls);
- Monitoring construction contracts in the field on a monthly or quarterly basis to ensure progress is accurately reflected in the Contractors’ schedules;
- Reviewing Contractors’ contract disputes related to schedule issues;
- Developing standardized schedule layouts, filters, schedule plots, and reports to simplify the review and analysis of progress schedule submissions;
- Gathering feedback from schedule analysts using this information to revise and improve program policies and procedures;
- Providing training to NYSDOT personnel.
Projects include the $30M NY112 Reconstruction, the $32M NY112 Pine, the $60M Fort Drum Connector Highway, the $10M Briarcliff Peekskill Parkway, and Route 120 Bridge.