Trauner provided claims analysis services to the Michigan State Attorney General’s Office on the Blue Water Bridge project. The project was a $21M rehabilitation of both the substructure and the superstructure of the Blue Water Bridge over the St. Clair River connecting Port Huron, Michigan to Point Edward, Ontario, Canada. Trauner analyzed a $10M inefficiency and acceleration claim related to the contractor’s work on the Michigan portion of the project.
During the assignment, Trauner:
- Met with the project participants regularly
- Visited the project site
- Evaluated project documents
- Reviewed the contractor’s claim
- Evaluated the contractor’s alleged delays, inefficiencies, and damages.
Upon the completion of our work, we prepared a comprehensive expert report that included:
- A description of our independent evaluation of delays
- Our assessment of quantity overruns and their impact on the project schedule
- Our analysis of alleged inefficiencies
- Our review of entitlement issues
- Our evaluation of the contractor’s damages
The Michigan State Attorney General’s office successfully settled the dispute for a fraction of the claim amount.